When it comes to s’mores, I’m no fool – a good classic need not be messed with. However, sometimes you want an adorable, more stylized dessert. Here’s my solution to a more refined s’more: the s’mores pop! They’re great for parties where you know there will be kids (no messy hands) and definitely a summer go to if you don’t have a fire pit for making the real thing! Here’s how to make these sweet treats:
1 bag of marshmallows
6 Hershey’s chocolate bars
1 sleeve of graham crackers
2 tablespoons salted butter
40-50 cake pop sticks
1. Lay the marshmallows out on a tin foil lined cookie sheet. Place them in the oven, on broil, for 10-15 seconds or until browned.
2. Let the marshmallows cool and then push a stick into the center of each one.
3. Put the graham crackers in a plastic bag and smash them into small pieces, either using a mallet or just smashing them on the counter.
4. Heat up the butter in a sauté pan on medium heat and then add the graham cracker pieces. Sauté for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Scoop the crumbs out onto a plate and let cool.
5. Next, melt the Hershey’s bars in a microwave or in a double boiler until they’re smooth and creamy.
6. Dip the marshmallows into the chocolate (about halfway) and then gently roll them in the graham cracker crumbs. Repeat for all the marshmallows.
7. Place them upside down on a wire rack to cool! Enjoy!